Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

03/05/2013

News at Knit-o-clock

Last year as the weather cooled down I decided to knit a 'man' cowl for Youngest. He is hopeless with scarves as they unwrap no matter how they are tied or draped so I thought that a cowl would solve that problem. Also, with chrimbly time looming I decided that knitting this 'man' cowl would not only use us stash but would also serve as a pressie as well as solve the slipping scarf issue - I was on to a win win situation.

I started surreptitiously but Youngest saw it and tried it around his neck and made suitably impressed noises even suggesting additional colours - I was delighted - my chrimbly-stash-busting-stress-sorting knitting was definitely on!

That was, until, it was finished. Talk about being completely unimpressed. Youngest was so not interested that I was quite taken aback. So the finished article sat unloved in the scarf basket (yes we have a basket filled to the brim with scarves, shawls, stoles and cowls near the coat rack) until that is, one day I needed something warmish to wrap around my neck.

I was late for work and I needed a quick fix, something not too warm, not too fussy, not too posh - just a no nonsense warm thing to wrap around my neck and I pulled out the unloved cowl.




Unloved no longer.
Happy?
Yup.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

I have re-opened my original blog. I think it is time to do so, I often want to refer back to something that I had already spoken of but am unable to link to 11am as I had closed it.  So, seeing it is the first day of the new month, I thought 'why not??'  

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 





4 comments:

  1. Well that is good news then....I mean using the cowl because its far too nice to leave thrown in a basket. it looks nice and cosy. Did you find out why your youngest didn't like it? Sr P hates anything around his neck so I can't make him a scarf . Mind you he says he is never cold.

    Many thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were the lucky one to have access to this cowl. Does look manly or womanly at all. Is he just slightly envious now you are wearing it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I like it, so lucky you, someone didn't!
    Let's hope that now your son has seen it modelled that he doesn't decide to snatch it back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripes, most versatile and casual too. Someones loss is another's gain!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.