Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

30/12/2014

30 - chrimbly countdown and a winter wonderland

30th December - penultimate day to the end of the year - 
yeah yeah another telegraph pole - what was I thinking? Sorry!
On Sunday, it was a crisp and bright day and despite still being stiff from my tumble, I was easily persuaded to go for a local walk.  We are so very lucky that as soon as we step out of our door - we are on the hills.





 Higher up the valley, walls, trees and this gate were absolutely blasted by snow which  had frozen to a hard icy covering.




 Youngest made the largest snow angel I HAVE EVER SEEN! 
We stopped at Deerstone Rocks on the moors for coffee and chrimbly cake. We admired the snowy scenery but could not stay long - a biting breeze soon saw to that.







Home for a lentil curry and copious mugs of tea as our boots and waterproof trousers gently steamed dry by the radiators.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your Magical photos with us, I just LOVE them,
    Mother Nature at her best. I so miss the country side in Winter.

    luv
    irene
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowy pictures are gorgeous! I love the way the sunshine turns the snow blue when it shines on it. Your walk looks very wintry indeed. We haven't had snow yet, but it's pretty cold nevertheless :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely pictures. So far we haven't had any snow down here on the South Coast but there was a hard frost last night.
    Isn't nature so beautiful? thanks for showing.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow and wow!! We had a bucket load of snow on boxing day but most of it went and the bits that have lingered are now frozen solid! Suzy xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did not have to go far to find all that ice and snow, just a little higher. Lovely pictures as usual. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.