Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

18/06/2015

Stone stacks #30DaysWild Day 18

For Jak & Dad (thanks for the tea and biscuits :) )

Something I always find time for - is building stone stacks.  There is something quietly satisfying when, after several attempts, I can step back from a wobbly pile of stone and admire my 'art work'.
Over the years I have perfected my towers (well that is what I keep telling myself) but they still fall down :) So lots more practice needed!

  Have you tried making stone stacks? It is done world wide and in some places these piles have spiritual meanings.
On a grander scale than my own are the Inukshuk  stones built to represent a figure, to mark a route or a spiritual place. These inuksuit (plural) can vary in size from a small model to huge ones that dominate the skyline. I would love to try and make one... may be this is a challenge for the weekend! 

Thank you so much for your comments, I love hearing from you, you make my day and make my heart go squeeeee!

What are you doing in your wild life? 
Are you joining in? 
I have to say we are thoroughly enjoying ours :)


#30DaysWild Days - you can do it too.

5 comments:

  1. No, i've never built a stone stack but something I will put on my list of activities for when my little people join me, I think it could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have ticked building stone stacks off your list now! Lovely seeing the stone pictures again as well as all the holiday photographs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never built a stone stack, so I shall add that to my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funnily, I've fancied making a stone stack but have never got round to it. I did think about an Andy Goldsworthy conical shape of stones..... am still thinking about that!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published

March 2017 Link up Party

If you have joined in with my Scavenger hunt, please link with me on your blog :) Please add your name to the link up t...