Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

06/12/2015

Not a dicky bird....6

Six.


Last night, in between bouts of sneezing and coughing and last minute cramming I suddenly realised I'd not a picture for six, not a thought, not even a dicky bird - nothing. Hmmmm.  Nothing I could do about it at that time of night. Hey ho.

So this morning on the way to work (by the way I write these in advance in case you were wondering then schedule them coz I am so buried under books and practice exam papers) I had planned to take a camera for an opportune photo moment. Silly idea. So I was still sixless. The weather was so blimmin awful that it was more like a theme park water sluice log ride than a drive to work.  No time or opportunity for a photo - not a dicky bird.

Then this evening, we popped round to my folks and guess what?!! My mom provided me with the perfect result.

So, through rain streaked windows with the wind howling around.....six (yes six) little dicky birds (well six grey doves) hunkering down as best they could out of the worst of the weather!

Job done - thank you!!

There are more in the flock but they were selectively cropped out of the first photo........

Linking to Julie's Scrapbook Advent Calendar - have a look HERE

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful! I did have a good giggle (which I needed) about the cropping, but then, how clever are you. Your weather sounds as bad as Cumbria, but of course, you aren't that far away really. Take care outside and keep the cramming to a safe level. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would we be without digital cameras and then the ability to 'edit' our photos. Great result and sometimes the unexpected works a treat. Just had another look at the original and cropped photo. In the original I can see only 5 of the 6 birds that appear in the cropped photo.. did you do a bit of cloning.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cloning - just big gaps between taking photos - at one point there were 18 doves on that tree but the camera was playing up and by the time the settings had been corrected, a number of them had flown off. (or should that have been blown off)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the clarification! I have been know to clone in the past......

      Delete
  3. There used to be a large Goat willow (Salix caprea) outside our window, complete with catkins but it was in the neighbouring school field and for safety reasons was cut down. Now the poor doves have nowhere to shelter from the prevailing winds so sit on the miserable, leafless shrubs and young trees, almost in protest!! This is the second winter they have sat there, almost blaming us for the lack of their tree!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think I have ever seen that many doves in one tree at once, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just been catching up with your traditional Crimbly countdown, and enjoying all your photos. I'm glad the doves obliged and sat in formation for you! Hope things aren't too soggy in your part of the world this weekend.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look all puffed up to keep the cold out.
    Hope you are safe in all the flooding.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.