Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

21/06/2016

Celebrating Summer #30DaysWild

Just a quick reminder (thanks Susan!) for June's Scavenger hunt - how are you all doing? We (Eldest and I) are almost there,  missing one or two but still enjoying the hunt!

A photograph inspired by a word, words inspired by the photos - June's Scavenger photo-hunt list - enjoy!

  1. Stone
  2. View
  3. Sky
  4. Trees
  5. Water
  6. Dwelling
  7. Garden
  8. Gate
  9. Leaf
  10. My own choice

Remember to think laterally, interpret as YOU fancy, be it a current photo or a favourite one from your past. We'll reconvene and post our words and photos from Thursday 30th June -  have fun!

This evening, Eldest and I wandered through knee high meadow grasses and flowers. We talked about the fact that we have had some sublime weather. A little while ago we revelled in glorious hot days for a number of weeks. It amused me that, as someone who grew up in the tropics - I was not phased by sticky humid days while my colleagues and friends wilted and melted like chocolate!
This evening was warm with a light breeze, it felt luxurious. The sunlight was still warm on our faces and we sat on a log and watched Miss Moss play.
She knows how to smile. Her happy face and waggy tail make us love her the more.
Then having run up and down and played until her tongue hung down almost to her knees! 
She flopped down in the grass and grinned at the sky.
Happy dog?  What do you think? I think so :)

Then, after we'd sat and chatted and watched a scatty dog filling her happy little self with space and light and play, we walked down into a neighbouring village that has, at it's centre, the village's original water supply where now walkers and their dogs go for a refreshing stop.

Moss threw herself in and played some more.
The last part of our walk took us alongside a wall encrusted by honeysuckle - it smelt divine.
The colours glowed in the low light and the bees were certainly making the most of the abundance.
This evening's DoG WaLK reaffirmed my firm belief that 
you have to make the most of what you have - 
Right Here and Right Now, 
no point muttering dark things about imperfect weather,
 it would be far better to get out and enjoy what is 'the now'. 
It makes me feel happier, 
feel a better person 
and I love the feeling of being surrounded 
and washed over by all that natural beauty and enjoying as it happens :)

I hope you too find pleasure with your own local 'great outdoors' xxxx


#30DaysWild


10 comments:

  1. It is so lovely to watch Moss develop and change; reminds me of witnessing the wonderful transformation Daisy went through.

    I share your belief to enjoy Now. Live Now. Appreciate what we have around us. Perhaps the world could be a gentler, kinder place if more folk did so rather than spend their stressed, angry little lives charging around wanting More.More.More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one very happy dog. She must be an absolute joy and has definitely landed firmly on all four paws living with you. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh that honeysuckle....if only we could smell pictures...well sometimes anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to get out of the front door as often as possible. It always raises my spirits.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely walk & play. Yes, we make the most of clear days at the moment, like Sunday, which was not wet, although not sunny either. I remember walking past a fence covered in honeysuckle when I went to primary school & thinking it smelled divine, so know what you mean. Thanks for a date for the Hunt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy smile on MM's face. She must be so content and loved now after all her previous experiences. ❤❤ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful open skies, lots of space. That dog surely looks happy! Nature and love is what we can see in your photos! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful reminder, gorgeous photos, happy dog. the perfect post x

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I was a dog, I'd keep my paws crossed that I would be invited to live with you. She looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.