Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

02/07/2016

June Scavenger photo-hunt round up

☁Morning! ☁ 
☁☁Wow what a soggy Saturday today is turning out to be here in the north of the UK! 
As hard as I try I am finding it increasingly difficult to see joy in all the damp and driech-ness 
(is that a word? It should be!) 
Especially, if after a long week at work watching rather nice weather through the window, 
I am subjected to a prolonged deluge as soon as the weekend starts!   
☁Right - enough dark mutterings about the rain - it will get me nowhere!☁

Scavenger photo-hunt BIG REVEAL for JUNE is...
A quick update of our list of photo hunters, please do go and see what they've done there are some cracking photos this month as well as a couple of new bloggers who have started purely to take part in our challenge -how amazing is that? 

Joining in are:

I know I shouldn't brag but I do love Eldest's photo of Moss leaping around in the water - it is an image of such joy and release from a happy dog.

Jak - a first time blogger who finally succumbed to the delights of blogging, has certainly come up trumps - sharing some lovely images - I was hard pressed to choose a favourite but love her 'My own choice'. 

 Threads through my Life has a lovely butterfly photo and story and In my Playroom - her 'Dwelling' really appealed to me. Julie's Scrapbook tickled me that her 'Gate' photo originally started out as a picture of ducks but my favourite was certainly the fern (I have to admit to a mild fern-fetish but shhhhhhhh don't tell any one!)

Sustainablemum was inspired by the Solstice for a number of her pictures which are a delightful reminder that the sun does shine (must remember to send memo to the weather and the ever present rain!). Susan from Granny Smith's Quilting has managed beautifully to be different with her Leaf image - nice one Susan!

Another newby and a very special person - Wildaboutworld - takes wonderful images (although she would be the first to deny it). Her 'Stones' photo is brilliant and I love her 'Water' photo too :). 

Tess from driftwood's photos are all superbly supplied by her eldest son and he has done an amazing job!

If you've not had a chance to see all the entries, do pop in and wander around and leave a comment - we all love receiving comments, it makes us go 'squeeeeeeeee' (or is that just me??)

☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

July's words have already been selected and will be revealed by the end of the weekend. I'll sign off now and leave you with a final image which did not make the cut for June's hunt - enjoy the rest of your weekend (lets hope the weather is warm/dry/sunny/cool/perfect where ever you are!)

Dwelling - along a route we often walk is a run of lean-to sheds and pigeon huts - and a cat who seems to spend a lot of time there - does live it there or is he just visiting?
PS hello to my new followers,  welcome to my little corner of my world x

14 comments:

  1. Must thank you for organising the photo hunt scavenger project. It is great to see other people's interpretation of your words. The weather is awful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, I get so much pleasure from everyone who joins in :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for this fun hunt, Hawthorn. It is certainly keeping my eyes open, grey matter working and is like being part of a special club. Although my special place is UK, I was born and bred down under and is where I live, so others may find my photos interesting and someone even said it was like 'a grand tour', which I always think of as Europe(giggle). I so enjoy seeing everyone's take on the words and look forward to the end of the month. Hope the weather picks up for you and yes it's been cold and wet here too, though it is winter. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really glad you have joined in and happy that you enjoy doing it!

      Delete
  3. Just posting my offerings...hope I'm not too late! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too late, you've been added to our list x

      Delete
  4. I like this blog. Super landscapes and pictures! I will observe :-) have a good day Justyna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you :) Glad you have joined x

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much my lovely friend. Am off to replenish my mug and settle down in front of the fire (apropos prev weather-related comments!) for a spot of escapism through images and words. With much gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, so happy you have joined in xxx

      Delete
  6. Hello again, I've had a lovely time travelling through the various hunts and around the world with all the pictures and stories. Thank you all for your very wonderful and varied contributions. I'd like to comment on them all, but some blogs won't let me. I get an error message '"Your OpenID credentials could not be verified', which I've not yet worked out a way around, so bear with me please! Will get there I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the blogs are 'blogger' and you need to create an account for yourself. As we have had to do to sign on your wordpress account - will email you xxx

      Delete
    2. Oooo, thank you for the email. I think I've done it! Fingers crossed... Will keep going. S.xxxx

      Delete
  7. Oh so glad to have found your Blog this Evening and the Photo Scavenger Hunt is a Brilliant Idea! I am a Pathological Picture Taker and so I thoroughly enjoy beholding what others see thru the eye of their lens. Photography is a Wonderful way to see things thru the perspective and views of another! Blessings from the Arizona Desert where it almost never rains, so we could have some rain envy in fact *winks*... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.