Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

01/02/2017

February's Hearty Heart♥thon Starts Here!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ February Heart--thon ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Can you believe it - it is February already! 
You know that that means don't you - it means a herty hert filled 14 days. 
A hert a day up to the 14th, so with out further ado - let the heartthon begin!

This year has a bit of a second theme running through it too, 
graffiti and trees feature quite regularly!

♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

We walk regularly, Himself is our powerhouse when it comes to organising and leading walks, he quietly decides where were are going and gets us there, the rest of us just all turn up and enjoy the day!

This particular walk was fairly muddy from memory (mind you a lot of our walks are muddy ....) during a damp and cold October weekend. The field we were slipping through had obviously been the autumnal pasture for cattle as the ground was poached, wet and tussocky making for slow progress.

As we reached the crest of this particular soggy lump, we spied a line of mature trees perched on an old hedgerow line. It looked lovely and dry so we trudged our way up in an attempt to find somewhere to stop for a break and possibly lunch. I'd wondered why this area had been ignored by the heavy footed cows, leaving it pristine, however I was not going to complain!

As we approached, a glint caught my eye, about head height and my first thought was it was a tree tag preservation order number. I soon forgot about it as I concentrated on sludging towards the drier ridge. Thoughts of sitting down and having lunch filled my head - YaY!

Then it hit us...why the cows had not lingered at the trees. The wind was cutting and brittle. Despite the trees, there was absolutely no shelter from the icy blast. Our dry lunch spot thoughts were dashed instantly. Disappointed we turned away, the glint caught my eye again ... so despite having to turn back into the chilly breeze, I did.

♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
 I am so very glad I did.
The view below from the tree was lovely
and obviously a special spot for this loved up couple
but not today
for today
it was 
p.o.s.i.t.v.e.l.y...f.r.e.e.z.i.n.g

We did get our lunch spot, 
further down the other side of the hill, 
with our backs to a derelict barn 
and our faces warming in the waning sunshine of an autumnal walk - 
not bad, not bad at all :)

♥  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
♥ Don't forget to visit the Hearty Marathoners!♥ 
Just follow the link at the top right :)
See you tomorrow x



7 comments:

  1. Well spotted! A lovely gesture too. Just hope everyone does not copy so that it remains special. Walking these days does generally mean mud! Had to recall hot, dry summer days but I can remember them from 1976!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely start...I always enjoy reading the plaques on the benches.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story and a fantastic way to mark a special relationship. Here's wishing Dawn and Steve, whoever they are, every blessing on their life together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plaque, lovely story & photo. Think our hearty bits are going to be very different as mine have all been taken around the home, but now I'll keep my eyes open when out & about. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful. You may never have seen it if it wasn't for the sun. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so lovely.

    Sorry I forgot it was the first February........ Had a very busy day......... Hope you don't mind I think I will just read blogs this month.

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.