Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

02/02/2017

More Hearty♥ Happenings Right Here!

Day two of our heartthon and today's heart is brought to you by ....

A sock-knitting kind soul and Yarndale.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ February Heart--thon ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 


This was my third visit to Yarndale and it sadly rates as my least favourite one. It felt so oppressively busy that it was difficult to see anything or fondle any yarns or wools due to all the elbows and shopping bags.
May be it was just timing and if we'd been earlier/later/different day it would have been more pleasurable (as it had been the previous two visits).  Any hoo, we managed to find a respite from the crowds in the middle section where Lucy lays out her crochetty-goodness stall. While my mom and I drew a breath, we looked at the racks of hand knitted socks. Such joyous colours and promise of warmth, lve and friendship. So I just 'snapped' a photo, it was only later when I was looking through the photos of the day, I noticed a slightly out of focus heart shaped tag then a tag with a hand drawn heart, both sharing and showing love. In fact the more I looked, the more hearts I saw - knitters you are amazing!

It came to me that despite all the squash and noise and sharp elbows, it was a good day and these socks were an important reminder that knitters/crocheters lve to share their work, to spread the joy and the lve.

And if, per very slim chance, dear random blog reader, one of those socks up there is a pair you knitted - well done, your kindness and thoughtfulness is wonderful. Thank you.




♥  ♥ ♥    ♥ 
♥ Don't forget to visit the Hearty Marathoners!♥ 
Just follow the link at the top right :)
See you tomorrow x
2nd February 2011 HERE

6 comments:

  1. Clever you to spot the heart label; I had to look twice! I agree it was a lovely display. I went on the same day as you and thought it quiet! You must have walked the wrong way around....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never tried to knit socks, but always drool over all the coloured ones Lucy makes.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely memories of that day though I too found it very claustrophobic. Those socks were most impressive. Anyone who has never knitted socks, they are not difficult, like making baby booties, only bigger, much bigger!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo & that is the day I missed you both. (boo hoo). It was very crowded, but I did enjoy the short time I was there. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heart shaped tag ones are mine. My first venture into sock knitting. I am glad you liked them and I hope their recipient liked them too :) Thanks for taking this photo as I didn't attend the event itself, and it's nice to see my socks on display close up. Eilidh x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.