Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

01/02/2013

Annual Heart-a-thon❤

February has, especially in the northern hemisphere, has a rather dull outlook. Post chrimbly, dreary weather, too early for spring. Not much going for it. 

Apart from a single day that seems to mean so much. 

Valentine's day.

There are various theories on it's origin but the most accepted comes from the time of the Romans. During the reign of Claudius II (270 AD), it was decided that unmarried men made better soldiers. A Bishop - Valentine, went against these wishes and performed weddings in secret. He was as a result, jailed then executed by order of the Emperor on February 14th. It is alleged that whilst in jail he fell in love with the jailer's daughter. He wrote her a love note and signed it 'From your Valentine'.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Every year, (in my previous blog) I would celebrate the symbol of love - the heart - each day, with a bit of waffle and a photo.
Today's photo was taken by Eldest - last summer, on a wonderfully hot day (yes, I know - what is one of those??!)

How wonderful is that shape!?!




Happy FRIDAto you all

1 comment:

  1. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤A lovely start to February. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.