Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

02/10/2013

a little hooky time

It seems that a lot of you lovely folk either went to or wished they had gone to Yarndale - it was most enjoyable with so much on offer. Beautiful wool, delicious buttons, intriguing yarns and wonderful crafty people. Did I buy anything? Well I shall keep you guessing a little longer - answers at the end of the post :)


I have yearned to get back to a little hooky time but knew I had to finish Himself's jumper before I could indulge myself. On Saturday we had planned a walk - weather had promised to be gorgeous (and it was) and on the trip up in the car, I finished weaving the last threads into the jumper and as I put it down, I instantly picked up some yarns just waiting to be played with!

Mmmm my favorite coastal colours
Considering it is autumn, the air was warm with a gentle breeze.
The limestone pavements gently radiated heat.
Eldest lost in thought in the landscape
Another brew break and a few more rows.
A cairn standing proud on the skyline. We sat with our backs against the stone and basked - lizard-like - in the sun as we watched a straggling group of teenager walkers chat their way through the landscape.
Final stop, few more rows,
I'm glad I am back with the hook,
happy,
happy,
happy. 

And you?
What has made you happy this week?
Are you crafting anything new this week?

Oops - nearly forgot - did I buy anything? Well not counting lunch and much needed cold drinks for Youngest and myself - no, I bought nothing!!  Despite all the gorgeous goodies on offer - I didn't want anything!

Yes - I know - strange.....


3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. On this cold and damp morning I can feel the heat radiating out of your photos. So you bought nothing? Are you kidding? Not even a wonderful button???

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours of your work seem to compliment the landscape. Looking outside the window I can't believe it was like that just a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I can't believe you didn't feel the urge to splurge! Not so with me I'm afraid, I couldn't resist some of the temptations on show - have just written a post about the day. Lovely photos, and gorgeous crochet work.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.