Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

09/09/2014

Happy Happy!


















...And the spider? Well, while I was posing for Youngest as he took photos, I sat staring at a spider about 10 cm from my face as it was sunning its stripy belly. I don't blame it - it was gorgeously warm in the afternoon sun.

Details (coz I know you'll ask).

Wool - Self striping from stash, both blues, gifted to me - Swans Island - American merino wool.

Pattern - My slightly squiffy version from a delightful book called Nordic Knitting Traditions which I'd found in a seconds bookshop in Hebden Bridge for a very nice price :)

Confessions - I was fine with the pattern - No - I was AbSOLuteLY besotted with the pattern, the knit just grew off my circular needles while I was on holiday and I kept having to show off to Himself as it developed. A slight hiccup occurred on the journey home from our jollies and I missed out a row, despite several froggings and repeat knittings, I just completely lost my way, so I just made a speckledy section as I reduced the stitches to finish off the crown. Although not the correct finish, I am I have to say rather happy - happy enough to burst!

HaPpy HAppy HAPPY ME!


7 comments:

  1. The hat looks great and so beautifully photographed.
    I tried to take a photo with my iPhone of a spiders web a few days ago but i just couldn't get the shot right.
    I think your spider is eyeing up your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, been knitting for longer than I care to admit to and still can't do the kind of knitting where you have to carry colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful hat! I am very jealous/inspired and think I'll have to have another go at colourwork knitting. The colours are gorgoeus. Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the setting for your hat; it looks stunning. Having been lucky enough to see it 'in the flesh' I can vouch for its beauty. Well done you. What's the next project?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hat, even with the ending having to be changed, it looks terrific. I know what it is like to get lost in a pattern, you keep pulling back to find where you are and still are lost! Frustrating. But this worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely hat. I love the colours you have used and the splash of brighter colours around the rim.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.