Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

01/05/2015

Beltane

The perfect skies for Beltane*




Traditionally the Beltane  Festival of Fire is for protection and the promise of a good summer.
The sky tonight has stepped up to the mark and bathed the countryside with such a rich fire-red coat - what a wonderful omen :)

*Beltane is a Celtic celebration to honour the Sun, encouraging the strengthening sunlight to help the emerging new growth and to protect the community - in the old days folk would jump over fire through the smoke to symbolically cleanse themselves while couples who jumped together would then be married. There are a number of traditions associated with Beltane, many almost dying out until interest was re-kindled in the old ways of celebrating life.

Eldest has just  cheerfully chucked another log in to our wood burner, causing it to 'puff' out a large waft of smoke...cough cough.... well, at least he is keeping this particular tradition alive cough...cough....cough....!!

6 comments:

  1. We had a stunning sunset last night - tonight it's grey and dismal and jolly cold! Have a great bank holiday weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, those are beautiful skies x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and stunning photos.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and thanks for the information regarding "Beltane". Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had a few good sunsets of late; fingers crossed that it means a good summer.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Beltane - a lovely way to celebrate it! I love the fact that we're in May, but we could do with some sunshine and warmth today :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.