Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

25/06/2015

Be sharp about it #30DaysWild Day25

How is this for a lunch time view?

How's about this one?
Not quite as amazing as the previous photo....

That huge clump of nettles obscuring the view...
But,
when you zoom in,
nettles are actually - strangely beautiful
Almost alien 
Complete with silica needle guard
Defence at every corner 
Even the stalks bristle
A survivor.
A visitor (linked with being brought by the Romans).
A food source.

And a brief distraction for me and
a subject for my camera.

Back to work, lunch eaten, view admired, nettles photo-ed.
Job done!



 #30DaysWild Days - you can do it too.

7 comments:

  1. oh I love how different things look really close up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The views are amazing from a distance and close up! I love nettles...mind you not to brush against but as food. I make nettle pesto every year. So full of iron. It's a great spring detox for the ol liver after a winter of heavy food and drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall have to have a closer look at nettles - but not too close, as nettle stings bring me up in a very painful rash!
    What wonderful views - it must have been hard to go back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have often admired nettles. Luckily I do not react badly when stung by them but I still treat them with care. I am constantly amazed at what the camera reveals when photos are downloaded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love close up detail of plants but nettles are not my best thing, I react badly to them!! Badly enough to have to take antihistamine 36 hours later!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder it hurts so much when you fall in them! As my memory recalls a trip and fall from my childhood.
    Your lunchtime view is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.